Hey everyone, hope you’re all good.
Last night I realised that I’m sadly coming to the end of my favourite makeup brush cleaning tool and I haven’t yet shared with you this time-saving gem! I’m sure most of you will agree with me that cleaning your makeup brushes can be so loooong. Especially when you’ve been lazy and left them to pile up, which I was often guilty of before I started using this brush cleaner.
Well, this product has changed the game for me and hopefully it can for you too! I present you… the Freedom Makeup “Pro Studio Brush Bath Sanitising Brush Cleanser” *breathe*. Yeah I know, it’s kind of a mouthful. In a nutshell, it’s a solid makeup brush cleanser that you swivel your wet makeup brush inside and then into the palm of your hand and voila – your brush is clean in a matter of seconds. Repeat the step as many times as it takes to get your blush clean to your satisfaction, but usually once or twice is enough (depending on how dirty your brush is).
For £7 this product claims to be “the professional makeup artist’s perfect on-the-go solution to instantly sanitise, cleanse and condition makeup brushes. SLS and Sulphate free.”
How to use:
This brush cleaner does a really good job of removing even the most stubborn makeup stains. It also works on any type of brush as I’ve tried to demonstrate in the video clip, from foundation brushes to highlighter fan brushes, flat top kabuki brushes to sponges – anything goes. Unfortunately it didn’t quite return my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (an affordable alternative to the Beauty Blender) to looking brand new but it was close enough. I’d give it 4/5 stars for stain-removing-potency.
- For me, it massively cuts down the time I take to clean my brushes! Because it cleans as well as conditions the brushes, it’s two steps in one.
- The product lasts a reasonable amount of time – I bought this brush cleaner in February of this year, I use it on a weekly basis and 5 months later I’ve still got some product left. I’m just estimating but I would say that I have at least one more month of use left before it’s totally gone.
- No leakage/spillage – unlike those annoying liquid makeup brush cleaners and on-the-spot cleaners that many drugstore and high end brands have launched, this product doesn’t leak and cannot spill because it is solid.
- Portable – it’s good for travel (because it’s small and won’t leak) and also the packaging is sleek and aesthetic, which I love.
- Lightly scented – it smells really nice but isn’t too overpowering. Leaves your brushes smelling fresh and clean.
- Does the job! And does it well!
- For a drugstore product, I do feel like it should be cheaper than £7 but that’s probably just me being frugal as per usual. I’m all about saving my coins.
- Not as widely available in-store and online as some other drugstore products.
You can buy this brush cleaner from Superdrug here or Freedom Makeup directly here for £7 but just giving you a heads up, it’s often sold out (I told you this stuff is good!) so if you ever see it in stock don’t dull! Buy it quickly. I suggest you subscribe to Superdrug and Freedom Makeup for direct email notifications of when the product is back in stock.
Overall, I highly recommend this product and and so far, it’s the best thing I’ve used to clean my brushes (in comparison to ordinary soaps and liquid brush cleaners). When mine eventually runs out, I’ll be repurchasing it if you guys don’t beat me to it…
So how do you clean your makeup brushes? Let me know in the comments below 🙂
God bless you!