Hey guys, how are we all?
Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Larice of HILARICE. She’s a lovely Journalism student from the Netherlands and like myself, she blogs about life (and a bit of beauty). Go check out her blog and thanks for the nomination Larice 🙂
I don’t usually do these things but it’s not everyday your blog gets recognised for something. So for those of you who are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, here are the rules for nominees:
- Thank whoever nominated you.
- Post 11 facts about yourself (optional)
- Answer the 11 questions you have been given
- Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 other bloggers
- Create 11 other questions for your nominees
Simple, right? I guess the idea is that you get to know a bit more about me and discover new blogs in the process.
I will not be doing the 11 facts but if you really want to, you can read that sorta stuff on my About Me page or my very first introduction blog post. By the time I’ve answered Larice’s questions, you guys will get to know me better. Onto the questions…
- If you could spend one day with someone you’ve lost, what would you tell them? – I’m interpreting this as someone I’ve lost touch with. If I got this opportunity I’d tell them that I forgive them and I’d ask for their forgiveness too. Life is too short.
- What is the number one thing on your bucket list? – My immediate reaction to this was: MAKE IT TO HEAVEN, GIRL! Aside from that, I really want to make my own nail polish from scratch someday. I’ve started researching ingredients and everything…
- What is the biggest change you have gone through that you are most proud of? – Starting wunms.co.uk and going from being my only critic to sharing my content on such a public platform.
- What song do you listen to that never gets old? – Kool & The Gang – Hi De Hi, Hi De Ho! I can’t stress enough how much I love this song. If you didn’t know… I really like old school music (shout out to my Father for putting me on). Musically sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong era. So yeah, this is possibly my favourite song of all time tbh, if you haven’t heard it where have you even beeeeen?!
- Who do you look up to and why? – My parents are my biggest inspiration. I can’t imagine packing my bags at this age and leaving my family to build a new life in a foreign land, but that’s exactly what they did. They’ve worked really hard and sacrificed so much for my siblings and I to live as comfortably as we do now. That’s love.
- If you could travel through time, where (what year) would you go? – The summer of 2011 – post GCSE (secondary school) but pre IB (sixth form). I had no stresses, the parties were plenty and the weather was good.
- Your favourite childhood memory? – Holidays to Nigeria. I have vague childhood memories of being carefree, eating the sweetest Agege bread until my heart was content, riding go-karts with my brother at our family’s house and going to the amusement park. Whilst I don’t remember everything perfectly, it makes me feel happy and nostalgic when my mind wanders to those times. I miss Nigeria tbh.
- What is your all time favourite TV show? – I don’t really have an all time favourite TV show, but I guess back in the day I used to really like watching reruns of Desmond’s.
- What is your favourite season and why? – Summer. Do I even need to give a reason? It’s clearly the best season. Bright colours, glistening melanin, sort-of warm UK weather, endless BBQ invitations and long daylight hours.
- Do you already have names in mind for your future children? (If yes, name one for a boy and one for a girl) – I do have some names in mind but ha, I’m not telling! Although I will say that they are all Yoruba Nigerian names lol.
- Name one thing that cheers you up instantly. – Prayermcdonaldspancakes. The best combination 🙂
My nominees are:
- Eudora – slayednsaved.com
- Esmé & Tiffany – thefive.es
- Whitney – afromermaid.net
- Olivia – oliviazao.com
- Jodie – jodetopia.com
- Christinah – christinaahoney.wordpress.com
- Naomi – positiveprov.com
- Kemi – skylish.co.uk
These are all blogs that I actually read and recommend. From Christian bloggers to fashion, travel, beauty, motivation and lifestyle bloggers, there’s something there for everyone.
My 11 questions for you guys are:
- What’s the first thing you think about most mornings?
- What’s one thing you’re really bad at that you’d like to improve?
- How has the year 2016 gone for you and what is one goal you have for 2017?
- If you could go back in time and relive one moment in your life, where would you go back to and why?
- What do you love about yourself?
- What are some of your favourite books and/or films and why?
- What or who encouraged you to start your blog?
- Where do you see your blog in the next 5 years?
- What are you grateful for?
- What is the most disappointing or overrated product you have purchased and why?
- Share some self-care tips!
That’s it. If I’ve nominated you and you decide to make a post, don’t forget to tag me so I can have a read too. This was fun
God bless you!
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17